In addition to our chiropractic services, Keystone Chiropractic also offers clinical massage.
Some of the benefits of massage are:
- Increased circulation and lymphatic movement
- Increased flexibility and range of motion to help prevent muscle injury
- Increased endorphin production (the body’s natural painkiller)
- Reduced or eliminated chronic pain, muscle aches, spasms and headaches
- Prevention/reduction of the pain from Repetitive Stress Syndrome
- Increased endurance during physical activities
- Boost to the immune system
- Improved quality of sleep
- Lowered stress levels
- Comfort to pregnant women
A Powerful Ally
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), therapeutic clinical massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of 90% of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be too idealistic, therapeutic clinical massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Furthermore, therapeutic clinical massage therapy patients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance that bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits.
In response to therapeutic clinical massage and chiropractic treatment, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with therapeutic clinical massage and chiropractic treatment:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch—which range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles. This is one of the many reasons we include therapeutic clinical massage in our treatment protocols.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Receiving chiropractic treatment and clinical massages frequently can do you a world of good. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for chiropractic treatment and clinical massage at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health.
And remember: just because massage feels like pampering doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider therapeutic clinical massage appointments in conjunction with your regular chiropractic treatments as a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan.
We will gladly prepare a treatment schedule to meet your needs.